Tuesday, January 26, 2010

COLLEGE: where to begin?


What's in a college degree? Hard work? Education? Career preparation?
Perhaps...but in ten years when I'm old (31 sounds so old), I imagine that I'll be reflecting on all the good times I had in college...not the countless number of all-nighters I pulled to get my school work done (due to my incurable procrastination). When it comes down to it, people go to college for higher education, but it's no secret what a true "college experience" entails.

Sure, times have changed, but don't think that your grandparents didn't have just as much fun as you did in college. Depending on your interests, there's always something to do on a college campus. You just have to find it. From the moment a freshman attends orientation to the time of graduation (4 to 7 years later), he or she will have experienced some of the best and worst times. Hopefully, more good times than bad, but there's nothing you can do when technology fails you 5 minutes before your annotated bibliography is due...or when your alarm clock malfunctions and you sleep through your 8am final exam. As a college junior myself, I've been there, more than I would like to admit. In fact, I'm known for my bad luck and random unfortunate mishaps. But I figure I've made it this far, I might as well try to survive long enough to graduate. And besides, when something bad happens (like breaking my cell phone), it's usually a result of a really fun time (like bar Thursday). So it's usually a win/lose situation (that ends up costing me quite a bit of money). But if I'm still doing what I'm supposed to do, like going to class and keeping up with my work, then why not have a little fun along the way?

I'm a pretty indecisive person (not to mention A.D.D...for real) and I haven't quite narrowed down what aspect of the college experience I want to blog about. But this first post is a start and I'm going to see where it takes me. Yes, I realize that I ramble on most of the time. And no, I don't like to proof read...so please bare with me. This is my first blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment