Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Internship blues


Still looking for an internship? You’re not alone. Depending on your major, your location, and the available opportunities, finding an internship can be a long and agonizing process. I still have yet to find a place where I want to or am able to do my internship. As a communication studies major, I feel like I'm expected to get an internship at a news or radio station or with an event planning company. But I don't want to be limited to the field of mass media or PR. I'm also a minor in Graphic Design and I'm leaning more towards a career in digital media, television advertising, and web and print design. I've been having a hard time finding a good place to do my internship so my application process has been delayed a bit. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post....A lot of people are in the same boat (including myself) but it will all pan out. Internships are great building blocks for the future.

    ReplyDelete