Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Road trip!
I don't know what it is about teenagers and college-age kids, but we love taking road trips with our friends. Maybe because we're still trying to live up the freedom that we gained when we went away to college (or got our drivers license). Our parents aren't around to put restrictions on our fun and there's an open road ahead. I personally haven't traveled anywhere oversees or even across the country... I tend to do things on a smaller scale. But I love traveling so when I do get the change to go on a trip, I take it! Of course I love driving with my family to Pennsylvania to visit my grandparents twice a year, but there's nothing like the feeling of freedom and adventure when I go on a road trip with my friends. Whether it's a weekend trip to another college campus or staying at your friend's beach house for a few days, half the fun is getting there. If you're with people that you can be yourself around and have a good time with, then who cares if you have to squeeze too many people into one tiny room at a rundown, cheap motel? To me, those trips make the best memories. And That's what I love about being young & broke. I can get away with taking a spontaneous weekend trip to Snowshoe mountain with 13 of my friends, in which I'll have to fight for a bed in a condo that sleeps 8. And on top of that I'll have to settle for snow tubing for $22 because I can't afford ski rentals and a lift ticket. And that's exactly what I'm doing this weekend. The way I see it, I'd much rather save a little money and make the most of a situation as long as I'm having fun with my friends. It's also nice to get away from school for the weekend too. Everybody needs a little detox sometimes. One day when you're married and you have a job and kids, spur of the moment road trips are more than likely going to be out of the question. So I say enjoy your freedom, youth and your social life while you still can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment