Monday, April 5, 2010

Beach or Bust

So despite the very hactic and busy past 2 months, I have been able to get an internship for this summer and find a place to live in the Outer Banks. All I have left to do is find a job down there. But it looks like I won't have much of a break over the summer months with 15 hours a week for my internship and filling in all those left over hours with a waitressing job (hopefully I'll get hired by May). I'll try to make time for a little R & R, which shouldn't be too hard since the house I'm renting is only a block from the ocean in Kill Devil Hills. If you've never been to the Outer Banks during the summer, you're seriously missing out. I visit there multiple times every summer and it's by far my favorite place to be. Living there year-round is a little different since the off-season takes place during the cold months. No vacationers = no business. But living there in the summer when you're in your twenty-somethings and you don't have any "real life" responsibilities other than paying rent...now that's what I consider to be the best time of my life. I can't wait to hang out with friends under the sun, ride around on my beach cruiser, and NOT worry about school work (especially since this is the first summer that I'm not taking any classes). Life's a beach and I'm ready to enjoy the last summer of my college career living in the Outer Banks.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything works out with finding a job and everyting. Although you will be very busy with internships and what not, at least your busy in the Outer Banks. It could be worse.

    ReplyDelete